While the process of buying a new home involves several important choices, one of the very first decisions you will need to make is whether to shop for an existing home or build a new one.
It is a common misconception that building a new custom home can be much more expensive than buying one that is already built. There are many factors that would drive this to be the case, but it all depends on what you the buyer wants and what kind of customization you want.
We recently ask for feedback from people on what would make them decide to build a new custom house vs buying one that is on the market. Here are some of the responses we received:
- Because of the little things that matter! Like getting just the right trim, the laundry-room-to-closet-flow that is perfect, and amazing kitchen sinks!
- Because I want land so that I have some resemblance of space from neighbors, along with the ability to place things in the yard like a pool, shed, gazebo, or entertainment area without making it cluttered. I’d also want an open concept floor plan and a basement. In short, I get to work with a builder to design a home that meets our family needs.
- Land. And I love making all the decisions of colors, materials, and design.
- Would want some land as well as an open concept floor plan that most older homes don’t have.
- Then I get what I want in a home.
- Because I’m picky, and I want some land with no one super close.
- There is no inventory on the market that has what I want in my price range.
- I get to make all of the final decision on layout. It will have what I want, where I want it!
- All of the systems will be new (HVAC, washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc.) which saves me money from replacing them in the near future.
The new home building process can be difficult, but that is why Hepler Homes is here to help. If you want to request more information on new homes, contact us today. Let us build your new home in the Shenandoah Valley, VA and keep you happy for years to come.