You are building your new custom home and you are deciding what your dream master bedroom looks like. There are so many things to think about and take in to consideration when you are speaking with your builder about this about deciding what features you want in your room and what you need to have. Now is the time to decide how much luxury do you want to go into the space and what options are your “must haves”!
It isn’t as simple as having room for your bed and dressers and ensuring you have an en-suite bath and closet or closets. Do you want a sitting room? How many closets and how big? Should the laundry room be close by? What features do you want in the closets and bathroom? There are so many things to take in to consideration but now is the time to do your research and understand what you can have and what you want to have.
The first thing to think about is the over all space, how much space do you want and what will you use it for.
- Do you want a sitting area?
- Do you want high ceilings?
- Do you want an office/work space?
- Do you want a fireplace feature?
- What sort of Lighting Placement and type do you want?
- Do you want a Balcony or Patio?
- Do you want a Wet Bar?
- How many – his and hers?
- How big?
- Do you want organizers and shelves built in (separate shoe organizers)?
- Do you want a separate dressing area?
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower – shower stall or open shower
- Separate tub – claw footed, free standing, step-up, drop-in jetted tub (so many options…)
- Heated floors
- Double Sinks
- Sit Down Make-up Vanity
- Separate Water Closet
- Wall Mounted Heated Towel Racks
- Built in TV
There are so many features and design aspects to think about when you are building your new home. Your master en-suite alone may take you days of tweaks and countless conversations to ensure you think of everything you want included. The biggest thing to do is talk to your builder, talk to your significant other and make sure you do your research to ensure you think of all of the available options and know what there are and what you can afford to have.